

Allison Marie hit 2 lbs. today!! I spoke to Dr. Naglie (head of the NICU) today and he is very pleased with her progress--she still has the pulmonary edema, but that is unfortunately just a common thing in micropreemies, but he feels it is being managed well and she is still doing very good. Her blood gases were good and so was her blood workup. He really would like her to beef up a little bit quicker (partly because he sympathizes that we want so badly to hold her and she has to be bigger to allow that and the other part because a lot of her health issues will resolve when she gains weight and gets stronger), so she is going to begin getting 26 calorie feedings probably tomorrow and she is up to 7cc/hour. She was asleep most of the morning, but was awake this afternoon and being very, well, for lack of a better word--pissy! I finally asked the nurse if her diaper had been changed lately because that is what was needed the last time I saw her act like that and sure enough-Mommy has learned one of her little "signs"--she needed a diaper change! I was so proud of myself. :) She was, however, back to her old tricks--finding new ways to pull on her tubes as you can see in these photos--and then posing like a little angel as if to say "I didn't do it!".
No comments:
Post a Comment